Friday, March 5, 2010

Death..

Well I don;t know why I'm doing this, but somehow I just felt that I had to let someone know what happened.

That night, I almost lost my life. I don;t know how to measure the severeness of the situation, nor did I manage to calculate anything to ascertain how much it damaged me, but I know one thing - I'm fking happy to be alive.

I went home to KL for the CNY. My sisters had my old room, and there were some minor changes to placements of rooms, so I had my sister's old room. The first night, it was all ok. A little while into the night, I started to sneeze. I thought it was the cold, so I ignored it. A little while longer, then I started to sneeze, harder, and more frequently. Somehow I managed to fall asleep, amisdt waking up with my nose all stuck and my throat sore. I ignored it, thinking it was nothing important. The second night, the same thing occured. When morning came, I told my dad the room was too dusty. He said it was impossible, as the maid had it cleaned out just recently. SO came day three. I was sleeping, and again the sinuses came. But this time, it was no ordinary sinus. My lungs contracted, my throat was filled to the brim with phlem, and my nose was severely clogged up. I had an asthma attack. I was gasping for air, barely able to breath. My vision was blurring, I couldn't keep a straight mind, and I fet my world zoning into darkness. I was scared. I freaked out. I thought it was the end.

Then somehow, I forced myself up, raced out of the room, and tumbled down stairs into the living room, where the air was supposely cleaner (what I thought). I hugged the pillow closely, curled into a ball, and began to breath... HARD. All that was on my mind was 'Oh no.. not now... I have too much to let go...' and all these things and thoughts began to fill my head. Luckily, I started to ease up, and so did the little clogs. Immediately my lungs took in a deep breath of air. I was saved, for now. I continued that way, weezing in and out of consiousness. I was tired, so tired. Eventually I began to slide downwards and ended up on the floor.

I woke up the next day, with a severe sore thorat, a bad sneeze, and a forehead, neck and body sweatingfrom exhaustion. I told my dad what happened and I was rushed to the clinic.

And this was what I got: I am allergic to aircons.

WTF?! How on earth could I be allergic to somehting I was exposed to for almost 21 years? The reason was simple. I was in Kampar for a long time now, where the waether is dry and hot, and the only cool times was when it rained and there was temporary moisture in the air. Therefore, I was used to the air condition here. When I went home, the room I slept in had its curtains drawn, the aircon at full blast, and a it was freezing cold. My body must not have been able to withstand such changes, and out of all the things that could have happened, my asthma struck me, after 17 years of liberty, and it struck me hard.

Of the things, I am grateful I could actually still do this blogging thing. Guess the aircon's a no-no for me from now on.

'I know its not much, but I just have to stop and say thank you for all the darn things I am so grateful to have, family, frens, my girlfriend, my grandparents and all those people who gave me reason to breath.'

No comments:

Post a Comment