Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ragnarok Online... Hey I'm Done

Exactly 127 days ago, I was handed a CD by CC. It was any ordinary day. Something most people will expect to be just well, another boring, non-chalant, run-of-the-mill day. Not us. Its December the 4th the same day we achieve liberty from the Overlord called STPM. The same day we felt both elated but at the same time struck in the face by reality. For some, its time to make up for lost time. For others, it was the Holidays, so PaRtAy~~ ANd there were us. 6 people. From the beginning till the end. We were the RO gang.


And no... we're not the nerdy bunch of pimple infested folk with a laptop, 2 dozen rootbeers and a bad attitude. Nah. We were just ordinary frens, doing something we consider extra-ordinary together.

127 days later. I officially wash my hands of the very game that introduced me to 5 other people. The same 5 people I know I can trust for the rest of my life. (Ok fine... I can't help it if my hands get itchy once in a while, but no more hardcore lvling, grinding or hunting fer me.)


Because finally, I achieved everything I started when we began playing xPKserver.


Chars Played:


V@nRyUzUk! - Lord Knight lvl 84

-*-CursedBow-*- - Hunter lvl 94

Oxygen - Priest lvl95

HeiRess - Rogue lvl81




And my pride of the entire career. Jerr~ my lvl 95 clown. xDD















O yes..... the beginning of the MaGnEsIuM saga. Introing eNana, Van and Xenon the origins. xD





It was hilarious at first. Apart from the most 'geng' member of the pack, or the 'taiko', we were considerably noobish. xD Hence the screen shot of us leeching. Leeching - the laziest way to lvl. U place ur char thr for a few hours, get a cup of coffee, read a book, chat MSN and then yay, u lvled.





We all had our very on special traits. MaGnEsIuM was boss, big bro and taiko. Being in his team meant, 'You want listen anot?' 'Don't listen how to kill?'. eNana was the ever act-cute little monk who acts soooo innocnet, but when you get too close, paw! Asura Strike!! Xenon was innitially Neon, a crusdaer, who till now, is still a.. Crusader. Radium was the joker in the group. Very sarcastic, silent but really za tou jokes. And he GG's alot. tritium was the assasin who cant kill. No really. He cant. But tankability second best cuz of his flee rates. Then u get crazy ole-me. DOing wat I do best. Tank. Tank. Loot. GG ppl when I get cards, then Tank again.


















From Left - eNana, eColi, tritium, MaGnEsIuM, Radium and tat sesat fella behind.




Well we weren't that dumb. As time went by, we began to get a grasp of the whats, hows and wat to dos. Well, virtually with loads of help from CC and each other. The beginning was tremendously fun-filled. Evertyday was action-packed. We would go explore together. Someone would say 'Hey there this cute little monster in so-and-so map. Lets go kill it.' And it turns out to be an Angeling or Deviling and we all get fried. The most memorable parts of our adventures were the ICE DUNGEON,

















Big Bad Ugly Giant getting pummeled by us!


















eColi had nothing btr to do... so got free popsicles~


where we always get to say hus the better looter (Well me n trit oni la, cuz we were tanking, until Nana got smart and use party share. Rawr!!). And of course the ever crzy leveling spot, the ANUBIS
















C the crazy insane dmg?



















Yea... T.T I'm just a peace of bait.. luring it. Waiting to die...






it was really adrenaline rushing, cuz 1 mistake n ur flat on the floor. Just like that.


Well things got more and more interesting from then onwards. From grinding and comporing levels, items, and my fetishes for headgears, Nana n I overtaking each other in turn of levels, and the more we played on, the more we got to know about each other, what we want to do, are we really who we said we were in that 1 1/2 years of STPM together. ANd the truth is, they were much, much more. So then, at last we finally felt we were ready to face the big-bosses in the game. Or MVPs.


The very first MVP, was the ever farny GTB. Golden Thief Bug. Yes. A Bug. Who steals things. N thier boss is made of gold. Yay~

















GTB vs Us. Wahahah! No match la!


It was ridiculous, cuz it brought out the real you. Let's say.. I'm a tanker, right, which makes my responsibility eating everything the boss has to throw at you, so that the rest don't get hurt. Then you have the healer, who's job is to focus on healing you so that you don't die from tanking. Then you have the dmg dealers, who are the main key in killing the dam thing so we can all call it a day.


1 false move, and its over.


1 missing piece of the puzzle, and we won't make it. For a bunch of people hu hav rarely played this game to a pro level before, actually being able to come togehter, put our differences aside, and play perfect teamwork. Now that's something I'll never be able to forget. So imagine the estacy when we actually killed the thing. We were like 'Yippy!! Hurray! We did it!' and then the Guild Leader at that time, Truth, aka the Shoutbox, rained on our parade and told us the GTB was the easiest MVP in the game. It took 6 of us to get it done. =.='' Lolx. But it was really sumthing, and that feeling was really warm.


Well, we went even further, killing other powerful MVPs like the Drake, Osiris, bla d bla d bla. But I don't really care what we killed, you know. Everytime one of us has to urge, to, you know, 'Hey, let's go kill this thing.' Its not because we could do it cuz we were good. I mean we stink back then! Lolx. But its that.. that trust and bond between us that says, look, nothing is impossible. I got you guys and Nana with me. No matter what the challenge may be, we can get through it. We might not win, but the fun is enuff for all of us to last a lifetime. And it was true. At the end of the day we will all get back together again, forget all the bad memories, and talk about it. RO really brough the 6 of us together.


From fun to professionalism. That's when reality paid me visit, handed me a ticket to hell, and said, these things don't last forever, you know. As we got better, so were our desires to achieve more and more. We could spend months hunting that 1 card with a drop rate of 0.01%. We could not sleep, not drink or fo out for days, ecause we were hunting enuff chees3 to do 1 quest. Thinking back,I felt kinda silly. As much as I tried, sucedded and managed to get what I wanted in the end, was elated about it and so on, but then when I realised it, it wasn't that worth it at all.


My prode and joy was my +4 Thara Shield. It took me 3 days to what people would take months on end to hunt the card. I was basically the first in the group with the Thara. And I'm still proud about it.



Then came the other stuff. My headgears. xDD The Drake Corsair that we all share. The Puppy headbands. The Hot-Blooded Bandanas. The Pirate Bandanas. I know its silly. But it gave me a purpose. Besides, they were soooo cute!!!




MaGnEsIuM changed hands. Heraus came into the picture, and in an instant, he became one of the best professors in the server. Dang, he was awesome. We would win wars because of his well times Land Protectors. O btw... I'm talking about WOE now, War of the Emperium. xD I dun care if you dun play RO. Its my blog. Blehhh.


The guild wars were the best part of the game besides hunting stuff with frens.





Initially, we pledged our alliance to one of the earliest guilds in the game, Empty. The first few wars were filled with passion and excitement, and... plenty of noobness. 20 members including ourselves, playing seperate roles in order to achieve victory in the name of our guild. In order to get hold of a castle, you had to break through your enemy's defences, and head to a golden crystal called the emperium. If you own the castle, you had to dfend it. If you don't, you break someone elses. So war!!!! And it got even better because your frens were there with you.

















War!!!! C the mid flag? Tat's ours xD
















After war its reward time!!!!


The leader of Empty at that time was Truth, aka UnExp3ct3d. A really violent fella with a thirst fer vengence whenever he gets a chance. Lolz. Jk la. Only in game though. And a very strict leader. But he cares for his members alot, and from him, I learned alot of things. That when it comes down to war. You listen to 1 and only 1 instruction. Which is true. U need to learn to trust your leaders and thier directions. FOllow them properly and then victory is sealed. GG. But the first few wars weren't much of a fight though. Cuz we had limited members. But still we made our mark, adn had our names up there on the board with the rest of the pro players.


Another character I will never forget is Alleria, or Jian in real life. He was the sifu of my second character, Jerr, which is currently my active char. Alleria was a real pro clown. Scary and we were proud to have him on our team. He was a major part of us, because not noly can he immobilize an entire army, but when in outnumbered situations, he could turn the tables and wipe our enemies out.


Then as time went by, things got emotional and cranky between the admin and some of the players. THere were botting issues, registration issues, and misuse of GM-powers. All which lead to many ppl quiting the server. So, truth and alleria, my two mentors stopped playing. And I had the same idea as well. But because the rest of the gnag wanted to resume, I stayed. It was a litle harder to adjust that time, but by then, we knew what we were doing.


So today, I moved on from Van the tanker to a number of characters, actually most of them belonged to Rob and CC. I finally settled down when I played my Clown, Jerr. That time period was the best, and it still is. It was Jerr that brought me the frens I mentioned in the previous posts. It was Jerr that made me realise that there was more to only 1 function. YOu had to learn to be flexible. Bend the rules a little. See further thatn you could. And most importantly, I learned to overcome fear. Fear will make you hesitate and be confused. Grind it deep within yourself, and you can achieve more.


















5 guys and 1 missing lady champion off killing something....... T.T

And because... for once, I made it to the top of the tables. Even for a short while. It really boosted up my confidence alot. And the best part, it made you feel useful. People needed you around them. People acknowledged how important you were. You were part of sumthing. And without you, we as a whole could never have made it.



And that's my story, and what I hav gained from a simple game.




I might hardly be returning to play soon, but I will when I get the chance to. THx fer the memories. xD




PS: Alleria I beat ur ranking d!!!! xDDD











Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!




So my gaming in RO, all those crazy chases is over. Aha. Back to getting rdy fer Kampar!!






No comments:

Post a Comment