Friday, August 6, 2010

Dear Andrew

Life... and its cycles.
Come to think of it, its awfully sudden.
Like a brick wall.
TOwering above you.
One day, u see a little crack.
And you think 'Hey, its insignificant.'
A week later, the crack starts to grow, by a little.
N u think 'Ah, its nothing.'
A month later, the crack starts to split up,
This time, you've forgotten about it,
like a piece of old newspaper on the sidewalks.
Months turn to years, and years turn to decades.

N one day, when u go back to the same spot.

The wall's gone.
All that's left are but rubbles,
memories of what were and what were not.

-Andrew, dear fren. Its been a while, a long while since I last saw you. THough I dont remember much, padon my poor memory, I recall that spirited, kind and warm personality within that always kept us going, no matter where we were, whatever we did. I remember camps in Bentong and Derasu, where u always played afool, made fun of people. I remember you taking chances at my sister, and ohh, how those memories were both ridiculously funny, yet leaving a tear in my eye. I remember the prom nite of 2004, where we all went drunk and staggered around Bukit Bintang. I remember those smiles, those laughters, those verses and melodies from you, how much u loved arts and the sketches u loved to draw; the naughty little things u always did, haha... Boys be boys, eh? I remember the school days, the basketball court day, the good days, wehre we hung out, talked about life, talked about girls, about what's to be, and what's yet to be found. About the bad days, when u had my back, like a brother, like a true pal. Like a man. I can only pray that you have gone to a better place, my dear fren. I am still shaken, really badly, by this loss. I noe others who are too. My sister, CHee kar, Li Qun, Li Huan, Chun Leong, Ah Mun, Kvin, .... We go a long way back. I'm sorry... I can't make it in time for your service, but I'll try, whatever and however possible, to come back to KL. Andrew... once a borther, always a brother. WAtch over us, yeah? Like u always did.

Ur dear fren, Zhi Wang.

No comments:

Post a Comment