Monday, October 15, 2012

Don't stop being a nice guy

'I can't change the past..' he stopped short to catch his breath, perspiration dripping down his face. '...But I sure as hell can try to change our future...' He closed his eyes, and placed his feet forward towards the edge of the cliff. Below, the jagged rocks and sharp edges paved way to a dark blue ocean that glimmered under the evening sunset.

He turned around and faced her one last time. And smiled. 'I love you.' He plunged.

-Fraction of a dream dated 10/10/2012 in memory of Belle Ju Fone, my loving sister...-
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were times when dreams turn to reality. Other times reality seem to me like a dream. A day turns to months, moths to years, and years turn to an eternity. Everytime I open my eyes, I lose my purpose. For every 3 steps I move front, I am dragged 2 steps back. How I learned to embrace death and live on, I will never know. But the vicious cycle remains. First comes the encounter with Death, then comes the Getting over of it. Then comes the hardest part - Living on.

You can't just walk away from something, or someone, and expect things to remain the same. That is why I ascertain myself harder than ever. But this is a rough time. The real world just came into being, people have started to get more and more hypocritic, and I have to wake up every morning telling myself that things will be alright.

It's tiring. Very very tiring. Everyone around me wants what's best for them. It's always going to be a blame on you. They blame you for living better than them. They blame you for lack of achievements, they blame you for being in between. There is just no way to escape this crazy nonsense. But when it comes to me and my welfare, it doesn't matter anymore, because I have to 'learn to do things myself'.

Such is life. Its safe to be the nice guy all the time. But when they start taking advantage of you, you feel offended. You feel like fighting back.

I have had enough experience to tell you - you don't fight back. Because that's not who you are. You are what you set yourself to be in the first place. You are that nice guy. Remember, that even as the world changes, you don;t let it change you, unless you want it to, unless you think its right. But the world is so fucked up right now, you of all people know that you need to be nice. Who else is gonna do it but you?

You don't walk away from them either. Walking away is no different from running away from a problem. You are not boneless. You have guts, you do what's right.

Neither do you remain silent. That is where most nice guys fail - they stay quiet for too long, until someone else take their place, and claim their just rewards.

Understand this - being a nice person is, right now, the most challenging character in the world. Embrace that fact, and be proud. It is super easy to fall to evil and be cruel and say nasty things all the time. It's easier to take a step back and keep still. But that is not how we nice people should operate. What we should be aware of as of now - is that we are the only few living nice people out there. Don't let us die out - because of a fight, a small bump, a betrayal or some bad mistake. Embrace the fact that we are not perfect, learn from it, and be even NICER to people.

Being nice also does not mean being sympathetic. Being nice means providing assistance as a kind gesture. You don;t follow a person all the way home and solve all thier problems. That's you being disrespectful. People all have the ability to solve onhand problems. Don't feed thier laziness. Let them learn to grow.

So be proud, be nice, and be caring to others. Regardless of what they keep saying about nice guys finishing last, that girls don't dig nice guys. Its all a lie - because nice people are the ones who uphold the balance of society. Call yourself peacekeepers. We are there for a reason, and that reason is to see to it that people in need and have difficulties are met with a warm smile and a kind gesture when they need it the most.

The next time you do a good deed, and feel like you are not appreciated because of it - take a step back, and understand that what you did there was not something a mere commoner can understand. But we do. So give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.

I lost my sister months ago. I have every right to be in a tantrum, to see the world as an evil entity and curse every living soul that I come into contact with. But hey, I'm a nice guy.

See you around. Be proud to be nice.

-Today, I just want to relax, take my time and enjoy the view of life. Yet at the same time I will not stop fighting until I reach the peak of the mountain. Wait for me, I am coming, meet you at the top.-

No comments:

Post a Comment